| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,228 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 | On my 49 sub there is a spring loaded handle that sticks out under the side of the drivers seat. It engages into and out of 5 square punched holes in the seat track allowing you to adjust the seat forward or back. The seat track toward the passengers side also has these square punched holes. Is there some kind of device that is supposed to engage these holes also? Seems that I have seen somewhere a picture or a drawing that shows a cable and a pulley arrangement to engage these holes. Am I missing some adjuster parts? I only have the handle on the drivers side. Need advice and I think I came to the right place. Thanks in advance guys. Weeds | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | There should be a rod that goes to the other side. There should be an apparatus there, too. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 120 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 120 | Weeds, I think this is the part you are talking about. It is a rod attached to the drivers side adjustment lever and travels to the passenger side release mechanism. HereHope this helps. Mitch | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 120 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 120 | I had a long day, I didn't even see what kind of vehicle he was talking about. Wasn't sure there was a big difference. Sorry. I will try to pay more attention. | | |
| |
| |