The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, tclederman, Hotrod Lincoln, Charles in CA), 70 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,376
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 83
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 83
My 64 has the old deluxe wheel in it, and I don't want to see it go. But my turn signal switch is shot and when I ordered a new one from chevy duty it didn't fit. The item description said 64-66 chevy truck and nothing about compatibility with the deluxe wheel. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone no were i could find a replacement for the original switch? Thanks

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
Regardless of the steering wheel, standard or factory Custom, the turn signal mechanism is the same on the 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks. I have several trucks that came from the factory with the standard steering wheel and swapped out to a factory Custom steering wheel, using the same turn signal mechanism. The harness is the same and is within the column and has nothing to do with the type of factory wheel you have.

Tony Smith

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 131
S
Certified Bolt Nut
Certified Bolt Nut
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 131
I had troubles with two new switches I purchased from LMC, but it had nothing to do with the steering wheel, but it was wired differently from my wiring harness. I had to rewire one of the new ones to make it work right. Not that big of deal once I realized that the new ones were not going to work right out of the box.

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 83
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 83
Update:

While the harness on that Chevy Duty signal switch was a match, the signal mechanism and cam were not a match for my column.

I'd seen these same factory deluxe columns on old 60-61 bel-airs/biscaynes, so I gave a Sinclair's signal switch for one of these a try. The mechanism was a match, except for the horn wire which I had to provide for.

I think what may have happened was the Deluxe wheel was borrowed from a donor, probably a biscayne or such, and along with it the signal mechanism, lever and signal mechanism housing.

Lesson learned...


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0