Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,102 Posts1,056,185 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 | After looking for a couple of years I gauged the cost of a build vs. finding one already built. I was willing to do the frame/drivetrain work but not the body work and that would have been the most costly part. I finally found one out in California. It is original in appearance but has a modern drivetrain(350/700r,IFS,etc), which is what I wanted. Sorry I know alot of you like them all original and I do too, but we drive 500-800 miles-round trip to outstate shows and it is better for me personally. I'll ad a few things to personalize it. I look forward to asking some more questions here, you guys seem very helpful. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | Welcome to the 'Bolt, Wood! Wherebouts in MN are you? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 | Thanks. St.Paul area. Do you go to the 'Back to the 50's' show? We go to a few 'Good-Guys' shows and they are fun, but the '50's' show is still the biggest(over 11,500 last year) and the best. Can't wait with all this cold weather we've had.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | I've been there once. Usually, the weekend conflicts with some local events. But it's a he-- of a show, and I wish I could make it every year. | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | This forum is for truck talk. Please have your personal chats by private message. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 2,987 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Uuuu.. Cold water.... Welcome to the bolt wood. You have a good start with the 350, 700R4 and IFS. Got a camera? 
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 | Thanks 3600, nice to feel welcome. I'll post a picture when I can, if I can figure out how to attach it. Have to help get a rear end, brakes and air-ride into a frame on a friends tomorrow.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 26 | Hey 'Big 3600' that engine looks healthy. Nice frame and susp. work also, looks great. I've got a buddy doing a '53 GMC long box,454/400turbo, nova clip, but doesn't look as good as that. Make sure and post some new pics. You don't see to many long box trucks with modern drives. What are your plans for the body, are you keeping it original or are you shaving anything? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Well... The body as you can see is scattered around the body shop. I was just picking out the color green for the cab, hood and bed today. The fenders and running board will be the same green with a hit of black to give the twotone look. Hopefully the cab will be ready in the next two weeks. I selected green as that was the original color, I just updated it to a 2000 Ford F-150 med green. Other than the paint color, the 2" drop, the blanked out gas filler pipe she will look fairly stock, a real sleeper. Thanks for the kind words. Get your camera going and send some pics of your own.
~Jim
| | |
| |