The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (tclederman, greenie-reddy), 150 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#377252 02/19/2008 6:34 AM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
My 37 still has the original seat in it and the gas tank is still under the seat. To gas up the vehicle you have to lift the bottom passenger cushion off of the seat riser to expose the gas tank filler. I'd like to put more comfortable seats in the truck, but the choices are limited. I recently spotted a set of third row seats on EBay out of a 00-06 Tahoe. The back of the seat lies down on the cushion and the unit raises up toward the front on a pivot at the front of the bottom seat cushion. This appears that it could work on the 37 as that unit could be put into that configuration to fill the gas tank. On the driver side, access could be made to the area behind the seat for storage of small items.
I need measurements to see if these seats would work for me. I got no co-operation from the seller on EBay. Anybody got a source to measure these seats - width of both together, height of back, seat from front to back, what the pivot point distance from front to back is. Has onyone else with a 37 or 38 tried these seats?
Any and all help is appreciated!
Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 261
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 261
Why don't you try to get a 1936 1.5 ton gas tank that fits under the seat? It has a filler neck that comes out the RH side of the bottom seat support. There also was a slight indentation in the RH inner door panel for filler cap clearance. I think it would be easier then changing seats, and the rest of filler problems.


34 & 35 trucks are the greatest
35 trucker #377484 02/19/2008 11:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
35 trucker -
I'm not familar with that feature about a 36 big truck. All I knew about was the 36 pickup with the gas tank in the rear. I'd like to see a picture of that so I would know what I'm looking for!

Joe thumbs_up


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0