The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wayne67vert, dunfire), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37470 04/27/2005 5:03 AM
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 57
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 57
I'm trying to set up a linkage to my TV cable, the carb is mounted sideways with a short rod to a new hole just below the pedal rod on the rocker...works great, but I am aware of the possible drawbacks.(65 292) Langdon's note with the adapter says this can work for the moderate driving style I have.The cable travel is critical for this trans to survive and perform so I'm hoping I might get some feedback from someone who's 'been there'. This Board and it's links have taken me a long way!! Many thanks,Tom wink


65 C10 292/700R4 long fleet...Gettin closer by the day.
#37471 04/27/2005 12:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
Just did it myself, albeit with an Edelbrock on a 250. Yes, the TV setup was the trickiest part of the trans swap. I put a bellcrank on the frame. I have learned that there can be no slop from the bellcrank to the carb or it throws off the TV timing - the TV cable moving while the carb linkage isn't. Been driving it for a week and a half now and it's working fine. I have an adjustable vacuum switch on order to replace the switch that cam with the Painless lockup kit. Set at 3", it might as well not even be there. By the time I hit 3" vacuum, its dropped to third or second gear. I like to have the lockup come in after fourth engaged, almost as a fifth gear.

http://www.homestead.com/chuckthetruck/Page26.html

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 57
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 57
Great info, thanks for the quick reply!Love your site! Anyone out there modify the stock (64-66) linkage to tie into the @#$% TV cable?


65 C10 292/700R4 long fleet...Gettin closer by the day.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
A
Member
Member
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 990
I am in planning to do this to a 72 truck i just picked up. I found this site to be very helpful.

Bowtie Overdrives


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0