| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 1955 1 Series, TexasA&M48Truck, CandoBrent, Forty9, TUTS 59, MikeStone1953),
140
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,211 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 41 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2007 Posts: 41 | Hello All,
Like most people with stovebolts I have been tinkering with the original Rochester B since the day I got my truck. I've gotten it to work fairly well with rebuilding and tuning, but I want to get rid of the Rochester.
I have been thinking about putting multiple carbs (2 or 3) on my 1961 235. I am leaning towards Stromberg 97's. Me and my dad ran them on his 1951 Buick Roadmaster and they worked great. Besides, they are available brand new and I think that this is the most alluring attribute.
However, I was wondering what manifolds are available on the market for this sort of application. I have seen the aftermarket Offenhauser manifolds that are sold for example by Chevy Duty and Brothers, but I think they are designed to accept the Rochester B's.
Do the Strombergs and the B's have the same style throttle bodies? If they do, then the Strombergs should mount on the stock manifolds as well, correct? If they do not have the same style throttle body, then a unique manifold is required. Correct? Any ideas would be appreciated?
Elias | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 769 | The 97s are a two barrel carb. They have a triangular three bolt pattern. There are probably some vintage manifolds that have this pattern. Do a search for manifold here and you will see pictures of vintage intakes. | | |
| |
| |