| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,131 Posts1,056,373 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 58 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 58 | My 59 Apache was originally cardinal red, according to the data plate and firewall. It has since faded to an orange, which I kind of like. Anyone have any pictures of trucks that are cardinal red. Lots are red, but I'd like to make sure it is that cardinal color. When I have the time and a few more $, it will be getting a new paint job. In the mean time, I would like to cover up the bare metal and where the worst fading is on my truck. For now, i'm probably going to get a color match of the current faded color and put that over the trouble spots. Any other suggestions?
I just added a few pictures of the new patch panels that were put on the truck. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | you should be able to get a good look at the original color under the hood and fender trim, or on the lower part of the firewall under the protective grime - and I think chevy-jenny here came up with a modern number for cardinal red in another thread
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 | Hey Bill
LOVE da bus project
that's something I've always wanted to do gotta love those yrs of flexi's
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | apache3200 - my truck is real close, Centari #5291A4, Mille Miglia Red [from some year vette I think, GM anyway] - what I used for Bombay Ivory was Centari B8173A1, a Chryco Pearl White and Jim - yes, the Clipper body is sweet, slightly different it was also the 'Visicoach' [bigger windows] in the early 50's up to the 'Starliner' slight raised roof with 'eyebrow' window] in about 58 - but if ya wanna goof with a Flxible, try to find one a bit better than I started with!  I might be "projecting" for quite awhile yet  Bill | | | | | Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 94 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2007 Posts: 94 | I found the modern code for your Cardinal Red. I can only pull it up in Imron 5.0, though, which is a single stage. Either way, I hope it helps. The code is 58209XM. Let me know if you need it crossed referenced into a base coat. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 58 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2007 Posts: 58 | Thanks red. That looks pretty close. I like it. | | |
| |
| |