The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nick in Manitou, TooMany2count, klhansen), 120 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,240
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36835 03/06/2004 8:04 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
I have a mustang II ifs sitting in my garrage waiting for frame rails in my 38. Has anyone isdtalled a factory mustang II cross member in a 38 1/2 ton. IF so, is there any advice out there? Are there any pictures? What about the width?

#36836 03/07/2004 2:23 AM
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,377
I would buy a crossmember from fatmans or any of the other manufactures as there is alot of work to install the factory crossmembers,I am going that route with my 37 but I am going to use all the original controll arms and spindles to kee the cost down. I have not installed one yet but I hear that the aftermarket crossmembers are easier to install and they come with instrucions on where they are to be located in the frame. grin

#36837 03/07/2004 8:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
L
Member
Member
L Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 25
Jeff,
As soon as I get my frame sorted out I will look into the after market cross member.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0