The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Cletus1950, Otto Skorzeny, dt235sd, Brian Moore, jeffreyguy), 151 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
I'm wondering if these fleetsides are worth salvaging. They're not too bad on the outside; alittle rust and a couple of dents, but the bed side is all rotted out where it meets the bed. I know I can buy angled strips for the bed side but I'm just wondering if I should try to find some used fleetsides. I'm already planning on replacing the front and the tailgate with new. Thanks '62 C20 Fleetside

Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
T
Apprentice
Apprentice
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 19
You could find ones in better shape. bed kits go for around $400.00-$650.00. As long as your replacing the front of the box.Check out Tim Tygart`s Obsolete Chevy. www.obschevy.com

Last edited by Tim Sorby; 01/30/2008 1:31 AM.

Keep the Taskforce Trucks Alive....

Tim Sorby
fellow bolter
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 141
I may be crazy but they look really fixable.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 18
Hey thanks guys, I think I'm just going to try to staightin them myself, with a new wood bed of course.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0