The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Bill Hanlon, 1 invisible), 81 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,313
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
My new Rochester carb. did not come with any choke cable brackets (or any obvious attachment points for that matter) so I'm in the process of brainstormin up a bracket and it's eventual attachment point on the carb. body or elsewhere.

My only idea so far consists of bending,drilling and shaping a 1.5" wide and 1/16" thick steel strap and bolting it to the carb. bolt at the base in that little cranny to prevent it rotaing or shifting with just the one bolt.

Soooooo...... ANY OTHER IDEAS, OR REVISIONS???? :p

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 106
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 106
Depnding on the model/year....I bought a used choke/throttle connector carb mount thingy that you will love for $5 used from our sponsor, the fine company that they've proven to be. Cheap and correct for my 51 3100.


51 Chevy 1/2 ton-Restored
46 GMC 1 1/2 ton-Farm Fresh
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
Quote
Originally posted by Dan51:
Depnding on the model/year....I bought a used choke/throttle connector carb mount thingy that you will love for $5 used from our sponsor, the fine company that they've proven to be. Cheap and correct for my 51 3100.
Thanks for the input Dan, are you referencing "American Classic" or "Jim Carter" or "????".

-D :p

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
American Classic is the sponsor here, if you click the banner at the top that's who you will find. Most any of the online shops will have the bracket you need, an ad in the swap meet might score you a used one.


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Moderator - The Electrical Bay
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,441
go to the junk yard and look under hoods until you find what you are looking for.. i used a stock piece, and bent it until it fit/lined up ect.. mounted it to one of the carb studs and an "extra" hole on my intake.


Another quality post.
Real Trucks Rattle
HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 106
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 106
Hey Douglas, I checked American Classic's web site, and they don't list those clamps for your year. What kind of carb and choke do you have? What I was describing was for a Rochester model "B".


51 Chevy 1/2 ton-Restored
46 GMC 1 1/2 ton-Farm Fresh
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
Quote
Originally posted by Dan51:
Hey Douglas, I checked American Classic's web site, and they don't list those clamps for your year. What kind of carb and choke do you have? What I was describing was for a Rochester model "B".
Hey Dan, you know I'm not quite sure, but it is a Rochester 1 brl standard remanufactured carb. like you buy at any auto parts store.

(whatever their book told them was stock for my 250 L6)

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 31
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 31
Hey Dougls,

I think Rusthoarder's right on the boneyard thing. It's a good habit to start getting to know some yards and starting your own little cannablized stock of used parts. This is a great first opportunity.

If American Classic Truck can't help you, I humbly suggest two alternatives:

There's a huge boneyard in Vancouver, Washington -All American Classics (www.allamericanclassics.com) - try them, maybe.

Or, ask Eric Shill at Vintage Auto Parts (www.vapinc.com). He got me an NOS Zenith carburetor for my truck to match the original. They're actually in Denver now, moved from Washington State so when they answer the phone you might get the new company's name siad to you. I'm just dense - never have learned it. Stupid me!


Spito, spitero, huchtooey splateus!
1958 GMC Series 100 stepside
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air 4-DR sedan
1966 Chrysler Newport 2-DR hardtop
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
D
Member
Member
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 13
Quote
Originally posted by whotmewory:
Hey Dougls,

I think Rusthoarder's right on the boneyard thing. It's a good habit to start getting to know some yards and starting your own little cannablized stock of used parts. This is a great first opportunity.

If American Classic Truck can't help you, I humbly suggest two alternatives:

There's a huge boneyard in Vancouver, Washington -All American Classics (www.allamericanclassics.com) - try them, maybe.

Or, ask Eric Shill at Vintage Auto Parts (www.vapinc.com). He got me an NOS Zenith carburetor for my truck to match the original. They're actually in Denver now, moved from Washington State so when they answer the phone you might get the new company's name siad to you. I'm just dense - never have learned it. Stupid me!
Hey, thanks for the info, I will definately check it out. :p


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0