| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 | I just bought this '62 C20 and the inside of the doors look like they accommodate vinyl or fabric panels. I can't seem to find any info or aftermarket parts for these, any ideas? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Inside the trim panel were sheets of "waterproof" paper that were supposed to divert water away from the trim panel and into the bottom of the door where it could drain. These didn't have a very long life. I'm not aware of anyone who repops these. Eventually most manufacturers starting using plastic sheeting instead of paper. You can use any sheet plastic to make replacements. Just make sure the bottom is tucked into the slot so any water will be diverted into the bottom of the door.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 | I'm sure if we're talking about the same thing. The spot on the inside of the doors actually have a spot for some kind of panel. The door and window handles would go through the panels. I also think you could mount an armrest on it. Thanks for the help. I'll try to post some pics next time. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | I'll try to post some pics next time. Always a good idea. Just be sure to post links to the pics instead of posting them directly into the thread.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 | Hey guys here's some pics of the door panel and a pic of a '62 owners manual. You can see there was a panel of some sort on the door with an armrest. Now, can I buy these panels aftermarket or do I have them mahttp://community.webshots.com/album/562316863hykXqgde special?n Thanks for all your imput. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 18 | Lets try that again, here's the link '62 door panels | | |
| |
| |