Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (cmayna, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby, Goach2, Donf, dt235sd, Otto Skorzeny, Joe H),
60
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,118 Posts1,056,307 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 25 | Hey vets, Well Im new to the bolt, but I have nothing but respect for all of you who have come here before me. Im 25 years old, ex-marine out of cherrypoint NC, and am currently employed by CAT as a diesel mechanic in Pa. I own a 1958 GMC stepside pickup, which is rolling on what I believe to be a late 50's chevy chassis 235 possibly? Buddy bought it off ebay? I have a few other threads in engine forum. So the pics will show you where I am with the project, the last pics were taken just last week. I only get to work on the truck 2 days a week for about 6 hours a day so I am focused when Im there. I would definetly enjoy and listen to any advice anyone has for me once they look at my pics. Enjoy The original, and from what I understand, usual, carnage.http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1269.jpghttp://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1270.jpg My serial Tag http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1267-1.jpg Homemade rotiserie, cant take personal credit for this one, but it works well. http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1268.jpghttp://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1296.jpg Body work thus far, my very first attempt at: cutting out and lining up panels, welding! and so on http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1404.jpghttp://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1482.jpghttp://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1483.jpg
Theres nothing that can't be done. Say, if "they" can do it, so can I.
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 95 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2007 Posts: 95 | Thank you for the pictures. Looks like you are your way. Good luck | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 70 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 70 | 57Rat god luck on the rebuild looks like you get one hell of a good start going there keep up the good work. Later Earl | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 866 | Looks great, 57Rat. Keep up the good work! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 275 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 275 | I just went through that on my 72. One word of advice is make sure your door gaps are good. Looks like you've come along way keep us updated.
38 original 48 panel 59 stepside 46 in the back forty
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 137 | Progressing well, keep up the steady pace and it will get done. Nice pics. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | You better test fit those doors before you finish welding. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 39 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 39 | Those repo pannels don't fit the best in the world! Just finished a 57. steps,cab corners,hinge pockets and doors.what a time getting it all to play nice with each other was a chore! been doing body work and restorations for the past 30yr and I remember when I was your age doing the same thing,man time flys!keep up the good work!
48GMC 5window,350,700R4,p/w,p/b,and a couple of homemade parts! 41 Sedan Delivery next up to be reborn!!
"Nothing is Junk,just unfinished projects" Desert rat with a spray gun!
| | | | | | Dave Giorgi Unregistered | | Dave Giorgi Unregistered | 57 RAT,
Nice work on the patch panel repairs, especially for a fist timer. Your well on your way...keep up the good work and remember the job is a reflection of the person who did it...and you should be proud of your work...Keep us posted as I love the before and after photos.
I am with you on the memories "48GMC pikum up"...time fly's by when your having fun...
Dave | | |
| |