The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (R&S 51 GMC, Wayne67vert, Peggy M, baldeagle, delky), 118 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#362154 01/18/2008 3:41 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 25
Hey vets,
Well Im new to the bolt, but I have nothing but respect for all of you who have come here before me. Im 25 years old, ex-marine out of cherrypoint NC, and am currently employed by CAT as a diesel mechanic in Pa.

I own a 1958 GMC stepside pickup, which is rolling on what I believe to be a late 50's chevy chassis 235 possibly? Buddy bought it off ebay?

I have a few other threads in engine forum.

So the pics will show you where I am with the project, the last pics were taken just last week. I only get to work on the truck 2 days a week for about 6 hours a day so I am focused when Im there.

I would definetly enjoy and listen to any advice anyone has for me once they look at my pics. Enjoy

The original, and from what I understand, usual, carnage.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1269.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1270.jpg


My serial Tag
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1267-1.jpg


Homemade rotiserie, cant take personal credit for this one, but it works well.
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1268.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1296.jpg


Body work thus far, my very first attempt at: cutting out and lining up panels, welding! and so on
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1404.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1482.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/57Rat/IMG_1483.jpg



Theres nothing that can't be done. Say, if "they" can do it, so can I.
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 95
U
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
U Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 95
Thank you for the pictures.
Looks like you are your way.
Good luck

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 70
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 70
57Rat god luck on the rebuild looks like you get one hell of a good start going there keep up the good work. Later Earl

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
Looks great, 57Rat. Keep up the good work!

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 275
I just went through that on my 72. One word of advice is make sure your door gaps are good. Looks like you've come along way keep us updated.


38 original
48 panel
59 stepside
46 in the back forty
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 137
Progressing well, keep up the steady pace and it will get done.
Nice pics.


"Save your's or someone else's Grandfather's CLASSIC TRUCK"
1934 1.5-Ton Big Bolts ~ Gallery page https://www.facebook.com/Grizzle-Vintage-Parts-1446215762368948/
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
You better test fit those doors before you finish welding.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 39
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 39
Those repo pannels don't fit the best in the world! Just finished a 57. steps,cab corners,hinge pockets and doors.what a time getting it all to play nice with each other was a chore! been doing body work and restorations for the past 30yr and I remember when I was your age doing the same thing,man time flys!keep up the good work!


48GMC 5window,350,700R4,p/w,p/b,and a couple of homemade parts!
41 Sedan Delivery next up to be reborn!!

"Nothing is Junk,just unfinished projects" Desert rat with a spray gun!
D
Dave Giorgi
Unregistered
Dave Giorgi
Unregistered
D
57 RAT,

Nice work on the patch panel repairs, especially for a fist timer. Your well on your way...keep up the good work and remember the job is a reflection of the person who did it...and you should be proud of your work...Keep us posted as I love the before and after photos.

I am with you on the memories "48GMC pikum up"...time fly's by when your having fun...

Dave


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0