The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, TUTS 59, 55shaker, MikeStone1953, Wally / Montana), 138 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 28
'
Apprentice
Apprentice
' Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 28
Can anyone help me with these two colors?
I picked up at PPG paint store an there appears to be very little difference between these two. Should they be this close??!!
I know from Tim's site the Anvil Gray is for the Inner Grill Bars, and the Anvil Gray is for the bumpers and hubcaps, but I can't find a paint chip to verify shade.
Just trying to make sure I get it as close to correct as I can.
Thanks,
Joe

Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 94
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 94
Hi Joe. When I get into to work in the morning, I'll see what I can do for you. I don't have any PPG chips, but I do have Dupont and I think Glasurit. Either way, I'll check for you and let you know what, if anything, I come up with.


~Jenny

"Custom can't be bought. It's achieved one cut at a time."

1950 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
I have never seen paint chips for the Anvil Gray and the Thistle Gray. Excuse the pun but there is only a shade of a difference between the two grays.

You have a typo in your posting, the inner grill bars are Thistle Gray (unless you have a red truck or a chrome grill). You mistakenly typed Anvil Gray. Thistle Gray is also the color of the painted hub caps.

Tim

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 28
'
Apprentice
Apprentice
' Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 28
Thanks for all the help, and Tim , you're right, I did have a typo error. I meant Thistle Grey for the inner grill bars and hub caps, and Anvil Grey for the bumpers, and yes the paint I had mixed is not very different in shades of depth.
Thanks again for all the good advice received from this forum.
What about striping, Did all trucks have the stripe around the cab and on the wheels?
Thanks again,
Joe

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
"What about striping, Did all trucks have the stripe around the cab and on the wheels?

Joe,

I am not sure if all trucks came with striping but I would guess not. However, it is my understanding that any truck could have had striping. Striping sure does look nice.

Tim


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0