The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Shade Baby, 1955 1 Series, 55shaker, Wally / Montana), 119 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,448
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 92
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 92
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone know's if I can simpley replace my original steering wheel with a smaller (sportier) one. Im eventually going to put in a new ididit column (when I get around to putting a MII in) but thought If I can dres up whats there now instead of waiting - why not.

Thank for the info
HC


57' Chevy 3100 Stepside
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2630531
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 586
Most of the early GM splines are the same. I used a 78 or 79 vette steering wheel on my 51 3100. It fit, but was a bear to steer without power steering. Armstrong steering lol.


Wanted Good Woman:
Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 92
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 92
Thanks Gtow69. . .
I wasn't sure and thought I'd post it here. I know someone would come along with the answer.
Very interesting too. I didn't realize that the splines were the same. All I was looking to do was pretty it up a bit. I'd like to step down to a smaller size, but not too small. I'll take a mesurement and see where Im at. What size was that vet wheel? Probably too small for what I'm looking for.

Anyway, thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.
HC


57' Chevy 3100 Stepside
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2630531

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0