| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,266 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 48 | I almost forgot a question more important than the vin question.
Shop manual for a 1948 Gmc fc303 with a 248? I tried ordering one, and for whatever reason, they sent me a Chevy manual for 216/235 engines. I also noticed that alot of the manuals are reproductions with bad black/white pictures.. Maybe there's a color one out there?
I've been watching Ebay.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 461 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 461 | Shop manuals were all printed in black and white at that time. Color printing is too expensive, and not necessary for good detail. Probably what you received is a third or fourth generation photocopy. Picture clarity is lost with the first photocopy, and more with subsequent copies from a degraded original. But this doesn't help you find a GMC manual. What kind of information are you looking for?
Harvester | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | The 1947-1954 GMC Maintenance Manual is available from most vendors (as a reprint). If you are searching eBay, you might want to search for GMC Maintenance Manual (GMC did not use the term Shop Manual). I picked up a pretty good original on eBay for under $20, delivered. Also note that GMC sells separate manuals for different sizes of trucks. The 100-400 manual covers 1/2 ton to 2.5 ton trucks. The reprint is no worse than the original (I have both) and the reprint can often be better than a shop-worn/dirty/greasy original. Tim | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 48 | oh.. I'd noticed a 48 gmc diesel manuel that was in color.. or at least red and black. I thought maybe all were in some amount of color. Ours is a 48 fc303 1 1/2 ton. Cool.. I'm fine with the quality and black & white. I was just gettin' greedy. hehe! I'll try one from Jim Carter. www.truckandcarshop.com promised me they had a GMC and sent Chevy. Apparently they don't have the GMC manual.
Last edited by turpentyne; 01/10/2008 10:51 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 48 | oh.. and a follow-up question.. is there any assembly manuals around for that year? I see one for Chevy... unless that might be close enough.
| | |
| |
| |