| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, Steelonsteel, Otto Skorzeny, Robert Crandall, Charles in CA, JW51),
130
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,267 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 125 6 heaven | | 6 heaven Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 125 | I am trying to install a rear window in my 66 C10 with the large back glass. I took it to a body guy who also has a 66,small rear window. We tried for 2 hours, but just couldn't get it. He was surprised that the molding I bought was all in 1 piece and needed to be trimmed or cut to length which would leave a gap somewhere. He thought it should be pre-formed in a large oval. I then ordered one from Steele products and it is also just one long piece of molding. Are there any tips I can put to use, or is there a molding that is continuous that I should try to get? Thank You! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 364 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 364 | to me it looks like LMC's catalog shows the large rear window rubber in one piece.
Keith If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 125 6 heaven | | 6 heaven Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 125 | I noticed that in several catalogs it seems that the picture of the molding is a one piece, but it may be a generic picture. I ordered another molding from Steele and it is not one continuous piece. However it is somewhat different and the glass man says it may be enough of a difference to make the installation go better,we will try this week! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 1,181 | I have a one piece with a small bead that gets intalled to lock the window in place. | | |
| |
| |