The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nick in Manitou, TooMany2count, klhansen), 120 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,240
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 125
T
6 heaven
6 heaven
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 125
I am trying to install a rear window in my 66 C10 with the large back glass. I took it to a body guy who also has a 66,small rear window. We tried for 2 hours, but just couldn't get it. He was surprised that the molding I bought was all in 1 piece and needed to be trimmed or cut to length which would leave a gap somewhere. He thought it should be pre-formed in a large oval. I then ordered one from Steele products and it is also just one long piece of molding. Are there any tips I can put to use, or is there a molding that is continuous that I should try to get? Thank You!

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
to me it looks like LMC's catalog shows the large rear window rubber in one piece.


Keith
If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it!
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 125
T
6 heaven
6 heaven
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 125
I noticed that in several catalogs it seems that the picture of the molding is a one piece, but it may be a generic picture. I ordered another molding from Steele and it is not one continuous piece. However it is somewhat different and the glass man says it may be enough of a difference to make the installation go better,we will try this week!

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
I have a one piece with a small bead that gets intalled to lock the window in place.


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0