The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Justhorsenround, Otto Skorzeny, Hotrod Lincoln), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,485
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
Yeeessss! It's gone!
All I hear now is the valve's 'pikpikpikpik', the exhaust's 'burburburbur' and the suspensions's 'Gboom-gboom'.

Place your bet now on WHAT was the source of that annoying noise, the MOTHER of all noises!

Go to the original thread for reference:
The \'Wik-wik-wik\' thread...

Hints, you say? Okay:
Repair costs: 8,95$CDN + tax.
Repair time: 15 minutes.
Whizzerick's satisfaction: priceless

rick


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Whiz: YOu ain't nice!! One of your whizzer bicycles hooked on to Drive shaft eek popcorn The Truth is Out There (You been listening to those little motors way to long)

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 504
5
Member
Member
5 Offline
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 504
Whizzer, You had a great response to your request for help with your noise. Now you are going to make a game out of giving us the answer ?

I am going to " place a bet " that you may not get so much help the next time..


Bill M
53 GMC Hydra-Matic

Home Page
http://home.comcast.net/~bd97/index.html

When you argue with a fool, two fools are arguing..
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
53 4 me, PLEASE tell me you are kidding????? :confused:


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
It was the speedometer drive gear running free making that noise. I installed a new cable core.
There, no games. Will that BUY me some future help???


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Hmmm,
If it was the drivegear then why would replacing the cable stop the noise ?


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
Cmayna, That's what threw me off:
- I already knew that the cable was broken (speedo was not working).
- I retreived the remnants of the cable (an inch or so of exploded wire sticking from the trans).
- There was NOTHING connected to the speedo drive at the trans, but...
It seems that with no cable to help 'center' the rotation, the drive was turning with a slight offset, grinding against the drive outlet in the transmission...

So this morning, bummed out about that awful noise, I decided to at least install a new cable core. I was VERY pleased with the outcome...

whizzerick


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 4,066
Glad that you got it fixed and a simple one at that.....take care.....Fred


Redryder pix
My Hotrod
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."
I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Rick,
My truck raises it hood to your truck as a sign of "way to go baby" or "bouya grandma". Isn't it great to finally resolve an issue that bugs the heck out of ya?


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
T
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,745
Ha, I remember someone laying odds it was the speedo cable...
cool


54 3100 with 235
62 flatbed dump C60 with 261

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0