The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Otto Skorzeny), 127 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,442
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34212 02/20/2004 3:06 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
I have a question that I'm hoping a fellow stovebolt owner could solve. I'm new to this forum so please bare with my pesky questions. I have a 1949 chevy 6400 it has a 2 speed rear end and it has an oil fill plug on the backside of the pumpkin (where it is normally) but after cleaning the rearend up I discovered what looks like a oilfill plug up front by the yoke. could anyone please help inform me about this set up. thanks

#34213 02/20/2004 3:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 50
G
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
G Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 50
49, think that is an adjustment of some sort.
I cant think of the name right now.


1951 1.5 ton 4400
#34214 02/20/2004 3:16 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 197
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 197
That is possibly the adjustment for the ring gear thrust block. It keeps the ring gear from deflecting too much under severe load.


Jason
#34215 02/20/2004 3:56 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
so to correctly fill the differetial lube it should be level with the plug on the back of the pumkin?

#34216 02/20/2004 3:57 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
by the way thanks for the info it is much appreciated

#34217 02/20/2004 4:19 AM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
4
Junior Member
Junior Member
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 8
Thank's Ralphy I'm glad you have that shop manual I need to get one for my truck.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0