The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341804 11/26/2007 8:36 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 31
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 31
I just installed a 72, 12 bolt in my 61 or should I say tried.The width of the perches for the swing arm are about 6 to 8 inch narrower than mine. Everbody I talked to said it was a direct bolt in,NOT. They will hit on the frame when travel goes up.I will have to weld new brackets so everything lines up right.I didn't know if anyone had heard of this.Also causes the springs and shocks to be misaligned.


My 1961 Chevy Pickup Truck
In the GalleryMy Webshots Shoebox
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
60-62 is a whole diff ball game, not the same as 63-72


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 299
I had a 66, when I needed to switch it ,I tried a 61, NO GO, they do not interchange.I ended up getting one from a 71.These were all 12 bolts, my pinion shaft had snapped.
Lothar


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0