The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Southerntruck, Gray_Ghost, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, JW51, MRMEROTH11, Mike Burns, KEVINSKI), 77 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,396
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#341547 11/26/2007 12:27 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 25
5
Apprentice
Apprentice
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 25
just wondering if any of you have done this or if its possible,i have a 216 tranny 3spd no overdrive that was in the truck when i bought it and was wondering if i go with a full pressurized oil 235 from a latter truck would thier be any prombloms, i want to be able to go 65 70 on the highway with new gearing in the back and if this is possible what gears would i need if i ran around 30" tires
thanks

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 202
As for gears ratio I would use 3.42 or 3.54/3.55s. Thats the lowest ratio I would go with no overdrive and with 30 inch tires. I knew someone that used 3.40/3.42s with their 235 and loved it. Saved a bunch of gas. Its the ratio I would choose unless I was going to do some towing. It can go down the road at hwy speeds without screaming. Their truck used to have 4.11s which was too low. They had no overdrive either. With 32 or 33's you can use 3.55/3.73 gears. I am not sure about the trans but I believe it will work for you. Bell housing may be different but should interchange with no problems. Someone else here I am sure will know on that. Henry

Last edited by Henry G; 11/26/2007 1:42 AM.
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
The 235 should mount right up .However, you will need the front engine plate from the 216 or you'll have to drill 2 mounting holes in the 235 front plate to mount the 235 in your truck.


Drew

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0