A guy from town that I met recently stopped by my place this weekend and offered me a 3/4 ton wrecker chassis cheap. I picked it up Sunday to use for spare parts for my 48-3/4 daily driver. The chassis has the entire driveline- 216, 4 speed, overload springs and a Galion (sp?)drum winch. Came with an extra 4-speed tranny and a bunch of those "neat" 8 hole, 15" safety wheels. The 216 is supposed to be in good running condition. He took the body and grafted it onto a 70 something chevy longbed pickup. The only dissapointment was that somebody has removed the PTO on the tranny and cut the shaft into the winch. I am torn between selling the winch or looking for a PTO for the tranny. I understand that they are rare. It would be fun to build a wrecker to move the growing collection of trucks on the place. The winch name is spelled the same as the road graders of the same name. Is this a winch from an old blade? I have never seen a cable type blade. Just curious.
Ralph


rtlopez@shipleysystems.com
48 Chevy 3600 w/235
48 Chevy 3100 w/235:
You cant see the smoke on a dirt road.