The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, greenie-reddy, Hush, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 175 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,227
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
While test fitting the Fenton 2x1 intake to the 235, I realized that the rear port for #6, would not fit flush against the gasket, there is light between the parts, but only on one side of the port. Thinking that it would sit flush after tightening the bolts, it did not. The Headers seem to be flush against the gasket. Question, I noticed a few of you have used the thick gaskets, I would rather have a flat surface, can & should I take these parts to be machined level? Thanks!
Bryan

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
Check the fit up and height of the tabs on the intake and exhaust manifolds where the mounting bolts attach. Often the tabs are different heights from different manufacturers causing one manifold to be tight and the other loose. If the heights of the tabs are off then shim the short one for proper torque on both tabs.


Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
I would skim the flange faces on the intake parallel. After it's done stand it on a flat surface and try to push a .002" feeler under it. Someone inexperienced will distort it worse when they clamp it on a mill and that's likely what's wrong with yours.

Curt B.


1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2000
Posts: 424
Also check and make sure the intake isn't touching the exhaust back around cylinders 4 or 5. That could hold up the back of the intake.


To be long remembered as he's cruising in
The Passing Lane
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 61
Thanks everyone. beltfed you are correct about the tabs, I had shimmed a couple of them, but it did not help. Barry, I checked the intake and exhaust were not touching. After placing the intake on the bench, and using a straight edge, I found the last port was out .035". Took to machine shop yesterday, they did an awsome job, I may have to grind down the intake rings also, but I will check that clearence when the new gasket comes. Thank you all again.
Bryan


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0