| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,082 Posts1,056,324 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 73 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 73 | I have two door opening mechs that are in good shape except for the spiral spring which of course is broken. I opened the tabs and removed the springs and saw it wont be hard to repair if I can locate this tension spiral. Does anyone know where I can get them? I have a set of 50 doors that I am working with. Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | [Ignore this reply - it is so far off base, it hurts. See reply below.]
Almost all of the reproduction parts vendors sell these springs. Our recommendations are worthless because the vendors seem to have a hard time getting a reliable supply of springs that do not break after a few door openings.
They will tell you they now have good springs; when the springs break, they will tell you that they must have gotten a bad batch and they will send you good springs from the next batch (from a new supplier, no doubt).
So, no matter what anyone says, it's a crap shoot. | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | I think he is talking about the spiral springs in the door latch mechanism and not the hold open springs in the hinges. The door latch springs are available from most of the normal suppliers. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 73 Member | | Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 73 | Right Houston, the spiral springs in the door latch mech. Thanks so much. I was about to resort to the welder. lol | | |
| |
| |