The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, CharlieF, Otto Skorzeny), 98 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,294
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#327511 07/26/2006 2:52 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 73
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 73
I have two door opening mechs that are in good shape except for the spiral spring which of course is broken. I opened the tabs and removed the springs and saw it wont be hard to repair if I can locate this tension spiral. Does anyone know where I can get them? I have a set of 50 doors that I am working with. Thanks.

#327512 07/26/2006 3:04 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
[Ignore this reply - it is so far off base, it hurts. See reply below.]

Almost all of the reproduction parts vendors sell these springs. Our recommendations are worthless because the vendors seem to have a hard time getting a reliable supply of springs that do not break after a few door openings.

They will tell you they now have good springs; when the springs break, they will tell you that they must have gotten a bad batch and they will send you good springs from the next batch (from a new supplier, no doubt).

So, no matter what anyone says, it's a crap shoot.

#327513 07/26/2006 3:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think he is talking about the spiral springs in the door latch mechanism and not the hold open springs in the hinges. The door latch springs are available from most of the normal suppliers.

#327514 07/26/2006 9:20 AM
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 73
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 73
Right Houston, the spiral springs in the door latch mech. Thanks so much. I was about to resort to the welder. lol


Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0