The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, J Lucas, dt235sd, Cosmo, jeffreyguy, Charles in CA, LAROKE), 132 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#326943 03/28/2007 3:20 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
This is unbelievable. Look at what this partial chassis sold for.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320095315800&category=33716&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBUAA:CA:11


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#326944 03/28/2007 4:08 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
Wow fred I saw that piece of junk too but did not follow it...

#326945 03/28/2007 8:51 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 149
LOL... You don't want to know how many of those like that,,,, that I've sold ar the car swap meets for 20-30 bucks.... That price was just SICK and twisted
Michael


\'48 chev 2-ton boom truck (Boomer)
'49 Chev 2-ton flat bed
'65 Chev 35ft school bus
'88 GMC 6500
'72 Superior 26ft class "A" coach
'50 Farmall "M"
'71 MGB GT
'68 Austin-Healey Sprite
'65 Austin-Healey Sprite
and various other odd British cars
and lots of old radios.....

Although we know what the speed of light is..... What I want to know is... How fast is the speed of DARK??
#326946 03/29/2007 2:03 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
I paid $107 for this thing on eBay. I had to resort to a PayPal dispute to get it too. Upon opening it it looked ike it spent plenty of time in the dust bowl

I sent it up to D&M for restoration and conversion to 12v which will be costly (4 to 5 hundred smackers). Also, D&M won't do the chrome work so I had them send the bezel back to me. That little job will cost another 50 bucks. Everyone told me to forget it and rip the guts out and install something modern inside. My thoughts were that if everyone does this there won't be any originals left so I took the deep plunge. It's only money ohwell


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
#326947 03/29/2007 12:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Down2Sea,
that is the way I feel about these old radios. They designed these things when it was much harder to get the desired results from the existing technology. I think that they are classics. I bought my first AD radio on Ebay. It had no back and had been sitting out in the dirt, for years I would presume. Now it is a perfectly functioning radio.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#326948 03/29/2007 3:50 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 78
I agree these old radios are a special piece of history. I have an old zenith console in our living room, two tabletop radios around the house and they work. I also bought a radio off ebay for my 54. I rebuilt the radio and get the biggest kick just listining to it.
Have some fun
Steve

#326949 03/29/2007 9:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Thanks for your reply. It is really good to hear from a member that rebuilt their radio and found it very rewarding.

Fred


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#326950 03/31/2007 3:30 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
As Fred knows I got my radio redone for $180.00 and it works like a charm.. It's fun listening to it here in Victoria BC.. I get lots of channels because I live across from Washington state so I get both Us and canadian channels...


Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0