The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (KEVINSKI, Joe H, Charles in CA, MickeyP, Bill Hanlon, Possum, 3800GUY), 131 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,558
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#326868 01/01/2007 7:44 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
I recently removed the radio on my truck and it does not appear to be original. I don't really have the extra money to buy a repro for $600 and I don't want to spend my time trying to find a used one to be fixed up. What I was wondering was if there was some kind of plugs or something that can be used to fit in the holes in the dash. On oldgmctrucks.com, I saw some of the original factory photos and there was one with the two holes on the side and the large rectangle in the middle plugged with something. I think it was metal and it was painted the same as the dash. Is there anybody who knows about these? Should I just try to make my own?

#326869 01/01/2007 10:19 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
justin,
the item that you are describing is called the radio delete plate. These turn up all the time on eBay. I would think that if you put an ad in the parts wanted, someone will respond. I think that they usually go for less than $20.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#326870 01/02/2007 10:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 180
You shouldnt have a problem finding one, is the delete panel for a GMC the same as a Chevy?


1950 Chevy 3100 5 window "in progress"
1967 Chevelle 300
#326871 01/03/2007 3:29 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Yes, they are the same part. They are in fairly high demand considering all they do is plug a hole.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#326872 01/13/2007 10:43 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,254
I need to find one. The PO took it out to put in the truck he was fixing.

So, I agree they are in demand.


Dennis
-there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
#326873 02/16/2007 2:30 AM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 483
Old blu I have one that I took out of my 53 3100.PM me if you want it.


Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0