Originally posted by jomichael:
Mar-Ktech,
I am just researching now. I won't get to my bed for another 6 months. When do you plan to do the test with the liner?
Bedliner finishes are really tough and for a truck that gets used, may be the best option for durability. I am anxious to see how we can get a nice looking bed floor that also has the long life needed to be practical.
Any suggestions? Would you coat the bed strips and wood after installation? It seems that the wood should be coated before installation to get full coverage. Maybe the grooves should be cut wider than normal to accomodate the buildup of lining material in the grooves.
We plan to do more testing beginning this summer. It will include some penetrating oil products and the bedliner type products. The problem is, some of the finishes we are testing last a long time and it may take years of exposure before we know results. I like to run tests until a product fails, then describe the results.
If any of you want samples of the pine or oak we use for bed wood, contact our sales people. Sample sizes are available for a shipping charge only. That way you could start to conduct your own test and see how a bedliner finish would look on your bedwood.
We will try to publicize the tests, but keep checking the website
www.mar-k.com for information about the testing we may be doing. We will of course mention it in the forums also.
Mar-Ktech