The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (KEVINSKI, Dennys28), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32485 06/03/2004 10:07 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
I went to an auction sale last Saturday. About 50 old cars and trucks, plus tractors, trailers, boats, lawn mowers and junk. Most of the vehicles were in sad shape from being left outdoors for who knows how long. I wanted to bid on a 50 Chevy 3600 pickup with a hand operated wrecker mechanism in the back, but I resisted. Truck also had a cool grill guard with the bow tie emblem made in it. smile One of the other cool things was a Farmall F20 tractor with a Chevy 216 motor. Complete back thru the bellhousing. Sticking out of it was a short shaft to a U-joint and another short shaft into the transmission. It did not run and was so rusty...I think it went for $75. frown I should have taken a picture. I wonder what other strange or unique machines have been powered by Chevy 6's???


Professional Novice
#32486 06/03/2004 11:58 PM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 197
R
Member
Member
R Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 197
We've got an F20 with a stuck engine. Supposedly the tractor has done very little work. I had thought about putting an extra 302 into the tractor. What type of bearing arrangment was there on the bellhousing to locate the driveshaft? Is there much value in restoring this tractor? It seems that they are a dime a dozen.


Jason
#32487 06/04/2004 1:21 PM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
I did not look inside the opening of the bellhousing so I don't know. I don't remember seeing any clutch linkage on the Chevy. It could have been there and I did not take notice. I don't know where the clutch is on a F20. Coming out of the bellhousing was a solid shaft about 2" diameter. Right next to this tractor was another F20 with the original type engine but the head was off. It went for $95.


Professional Novice
#32488 06/04/2004 3:24 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 358


1953 Chevrolet 1300 - Daily driver
Collecting Vintage Whizzer motorbikes
http://www.whizzerick.com
#32489 06/04/2004 11:01 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 31
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 31
Yes Whizzerick! That is -precisely- what came to mind!


- AJ

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0