The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Paul Mullen), 99 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#32297 09/02/2004 9:13 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 2
I want to do a rear end swap on my 57 shortbox.
The guy before me put a **** rear end in the truck.I want to change it to a GM 10 bolt posi.
By measurement, it lloks like the 1st and 2nd generation camaro or firebird will fit.
I know the F body cars only used 1 or 2 springs, my truck has 7 perside.
I will have to cut the old spring hangers off and weld on some deeper ones, from a truck I guess.

Am I on the right track, what else works

Please help

Paul

#32298 09/03/2004 3:33 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 41
5
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 41
i plan on using 80 camero rear mine. width is right on the money.depends on what bolt patten wheels too. factory bolt pattern? 69 ish chev truck same bolt pattern as stock.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0