The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (KEVINSKI), 160 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3
If I replace my 216 with a 235 is there any standard exhaust systems I can buy - or will it have to be custom made. (Since exhaust manifold on 235 is angled back, rather than straight down on the 216?)

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 1,904
My "custom-made" system only cost $125 (but it didn't come with a lifetime warranty). Have you been given an estimate?


1948 3/4-Ton 5-Window Flatbed Chevrolet

34 Years. Now with a '61 261, 848 head, Rochester Monojet carb, SM420 4-speed, 4.10 rear, dual reservoir MC, Bendix up front, 235/85R16 tires, 12-volt w/alternator, electric wipers and a modern radio in the glove box.
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3
3
Member
Member
3 Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 3
No, I have not had an estimate. I was wondering if I could buy the exhaust system from one of the chevy parts stores. Since this seems like a common swap, I was wondering if I would have to take it to a muffler shop. I have a 235 in the PU now but it has 216 manifolds and a Carter W-1 carb. I would like to find some 235 manifolds (54 or latter) and a corresponding carb and hopefully improve its performance.

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 166
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 166
I have a 37 Chevy pickup w/56 235 motor with the 235 exhaust manifold. I am in the process of getting an exhaust sytem. I have been told there area several options; 1) use a 235 down pipe hooked up to a 37 muffler & tail pipe, 2) use the 216 down pipe & have it bent to the angle of the 235 exhaust manifold, 3) have a custom exhaust system made. I'm just at this point and weighing my options & costs. Hope this helps.


1937 Chevy pickup
In the Gallery
1952 MGTD
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 27
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 27
What problem are you experiencing I have a 57 235 in my 50 Chev 1/2 ton column shift and just had to shave a bit of the geer linkage off to make it pass the manifold....works fine...put in exhaust a a plain old exhaust shop for $125.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0