The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, Eileen, Uncles51, Rusty Heaps, 50Chevy3100), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
Howdy again,
Kind of a continuation on my Spindle Talk post but just to be sure I know what I have I was wondering if someone had a 1941-1946 1/2 ton knuckle/spindle they could look at and compare it to the measurements I took from my 3/4 ton spindle? grin
Here is the diagram I made

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
Trucker, I'm at on duty today but I have a '46 1/2T Panel at the house. I've got almost a complete front end in the shop extra. I've got springs,axle, spindles,hubs and brakes along with spring mounts. If you can wait till tomorrow I'll check the mesurements and let you know.


David
Just a firefighter,
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
'46 1/2 T Panel
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
cool! heck yeah I can wait a day! I'll even wait a whole week if I have to. grin

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
Trucker, I sent you an e-mail with the mesurements dedone on the pic you made let me know you got it alright


David
Just a firefighter,
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
'46 1/2 T Panel
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
Thanks BluePen. For anyone else wondering it looks like the measurements Bluepen took from his 1946 1/2 ton spindle/knucle match up with my 1941 3/4 ton.

Good news for anyone who has an art deco 3/4 ton and wants some options to switch to disc brakes! smile

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
Excellent drawing 41. Thanks for sharing the info. smile

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 127
thanks Rusty46, you were right on with the part numbers! this just help verify what I had.

I also posted BluePen's updated drawing on which he added the bearing lip I had left off and on one or two measurements found 1/32 diff from mine. (which I wrote off as my cheap measurement caliper or wear or both)

BluePens 1/2 ton measurements

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
Glad I could help out and hpoe it works out for you. grin


David
Just a firefighter,
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
'46 1/2 T Panel

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0