The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Otto Skorzeny, 55shaker, joe apple, Gray_Ghost, Hush, 52Carl, JW51), 155 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,238
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25775 09/05/2004 3:25 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 11
R
Junior Member
Junior Member
R Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 11
I'm restoring a 46 pickup from SD. The gas tank is full of crud dust rust sticks etc. I put a handfull of gravel in it and then agitated it a bit. The inside part that I can see looks okay but ther are baffles that keep me from seeing the whole inside. It has a few pinholes now which I hope can be patched somehow. Maybe with epoxy. I went to the show in Auburn Indiana this weekend and bought some gas tank etch and some sealer from a company called "Bill Hirsch"
Before I go and use this stuff, does anyone have advise for me?
Thanks

#25776 09/05/2004 3:36 AM
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 379
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 379
I think the local known reliable radiator shop is the first stop. They can do a better job of cleaning it than you can at home. They deal with the toxic chemicals used to clean it. Cleaning, and lining the tank with sealer should be $80-100.
New fuel lines from tank to the carb, and a new fuel filter at the carb would give you the best performance and least headaches. wink

#25777 09/05/2004 8:37 AM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 196
3
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
3 Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 196
if your going to keep that truck buy a new tank or have one made from aluimum junk the tank and the whorthless sealers you will be glad you went with a new tank for 200. instead of spending 100. and having problems shortly 2 cents


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0