| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,274 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#25618 01/31/2005 7:58 PM | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 95 Member | | Member Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 95 | I want to rebuild the 4 speed transmission out of my 70 Chevy 4X4. I can't get the front bearing out. In the book they show a special tool that clamps on to the bearing. Any ideas? | | |
#25619 01/31/2005 11:32 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I,ve done a lot of them but it,s been along time ago. I take it you mean the lower roller bearing on the cluster. Some models had 2 grooves you could put screwdrivers in & pry it out. If not it seems I used to remove the snap ring that holds the rollers in & remove the rollers. That alowed the cluster to drop enough to dissasemble the trans. Then you can remove rest of the brg. & reasemble or replace it. They have a spacer that goes between 2 of the gears on the counter gear.A common problem is that 1 of the snap rings break & let the gear slide out of place.  They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |