The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (TS3600, 55shaker), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#247009 04/24/2007 8:21 AM
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
guys! went to look at a 54' suburban and bought it. i will be posting some pic's in my webshots soon. it appears to be factory blue 1/2 ton 3100 235/3sp. trans is gone and has incorrect grille but is really solid.it has the stock front seat,rears are gone. all the doors are really solid. motor turns over by hand. bought it off craigslist from a young kid that just found out his girlfriend is pregnant.i got it for the sum of $300 bucks! grin

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 19
6
Junior Member
Junior Member
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 19
$300?! Congrats. That's amazing. Can't wait to see pictures.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 348
the kid should have been screwing the nuts and bolts on the sub not the girl friend


1949 SUBURBAN
In the Gallery
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
I was only a few hours behind you, I learned about it maybe 10 PM last night and would have been on the phone to the guy early this evening. My trailer is hooked to my pickup and was ready to go... Centralia only takes about two hours from here!

I haven't seen it but Scott, the guy who tipped me off, says its in good shape and has lots of the hard to find parts.

Congratulations!


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I beat a guy by 20 minutes when I bought my 69 chevelle. BTW OldSub what is a COE Suburban cargo?

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Quote
Originally posted by 1953 panel:
I beat a guy by 20 minutes when I bought my 69 chevelle. BTW OldSub what is a COE Suburban cargo?
Years ago I looked at a '65 GTO convertable and decided not to buy it. Five miles away I changed my mind and turned back. I met it on the road with a very happy new owner driving it away.

A COE Suburban Cargo is a very rare truck. Its based on a COE cab mated with a panel body, with Suburban windows between the front doors and a closed cargo area at the back.

I've only seen the one, and so far only seen it in my imagination. I have the COE, the Suburban and the 1-ton Panel to make this thing. Once I finish a couple other projects those pieces will come together in my shop.

Figure another 10 to 20 years before anyone else sees it.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 482
He who hesitates...the story of the quick and the dead...
The rabbit died and someone gets a sweet deal on an old ride. Another good story.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Quote
Originally posted by orchidskip:
He who hesitates...
I think Mr Micron had actually already purchased the truck before I knew it was for sale, so its not that I hesitated, but rather that I was not being agressive enough in watching for old iron.

Oh well, I have about a dozen trucks currently and don't really need another one...


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0