| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,969 | I posted this in the ebay links forum but I thought more folks would see it here. I have never seen anything like that and I want to generate some discussion: Is THIS cool or what? :rolleyes: :p  The write-up indicates that it is custom coach-work. My question is why didn't Chevy offer their 'burb in 3- or 4-door back then? It would have been so much more handy for passengers. 
Professional Novice
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 15 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 15 | thats one really nice looking rig frank, thanks for the px. kind of sad that hes getting rid of it with that much history and work, hope that it finds a loving home.
scool | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | I'm going to say it was because the early 'Burbs were built off of the existing panel truck platform. It wouldn't make sense to tool up a different stamping to add an extra door for a relatively low production vehicle. You gotta remember that at that time, anyone really needing to transport people frequently would have just got a regular passenger car based wagon, not a truck based one. I will admit, though, a side door would have come in handy even on the panel, so the cost could have been justified. Plus, if they'd done that, GM would have had an exclusive to the market.
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |