| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
85
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#24657 07/03/2003 12:58 AM | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 | Could one of you knowledgable gentlemen please tell me where I can find a valve cover gasket for my 270? I have looked numerous places and have had no luck. Thanx.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."
1957 GMC 150
| | |
#24658 07/03/2003 2:23 AM | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 523 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 523 | Victor still makes gasket sets Cheapest list price place is J.C.Whitney
But you can make one in ten min with gasket cork and a razor blade...just trace the outside on the mat and cut
Most parts places still have cork and paper gasket rolls you just might have to ask
Best thing is when your done you'll never be stuck for where to get another | | |
#24659 07/03/2003 4:15 AM | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 | Thank you for the advice. I couldnt find it at JCWhitney,maybe I'm just not smart enough to find my way through to it. Would an older 235 two-bolt gasket be the same? Thanks again.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."
1957 GMC 150
| | |
#24660 07/03/2003 6:25 AM | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 523 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 523 | JC only has valve grind sets
235s Well 235's are a lot shorter car motor...not much fits you GMC
Every once in awhile some fool will tell me about the 216 he had with a GMC crank.'What did you do with the part hangin' out the end?'My Question!
Make a gasket! If you messup a couple times you will learn.
In my shop there's a torch,mill,saw,if I can't get it I make it or make something work.I have hammers Need a fender? I make it!
It's a nice feeling to make stuff
There was a time when the word mechanic has nothing to do with Service Advisor,or Parts Replacer
You make a couple gaskets and no one will ever again tell you "You have to buy em" Again!! | | |
#24661 07/03/2003 11:41 AM | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 504 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 504 | The vendors like Jim Carter would have that gasket. The 228 and the 270 use the same one.
Jim is right about making the valve cover gasket. It is an easy one to cut, there are no holes to punch.
Bill M 53 GMC Hydra-Matic
Home Page http://home.comcast.net/~bd97/index.html
When you argue with a fool, two fools are arguing..
| | |
#24662 07/03/2003 1:45 PM | Joined: May 2003 Posts: 22 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: May 2003 Posts: 22 | I got one for my 228 at NAPA. Sorry ,can't remember the part number.
'50, '59, 1/2T, GMC
| | |
#24663 07/03/2003 2:14 PM | Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2003 Posts: 565 | Thanks to all for the info.
"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."
1957 GMC 150
| | |
| |
| |