The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 135 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,440
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#246400 12/07/2006 4:24 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 26
My 53 1-ton panel has the plywood floor. The rear area by the door is dry rotted so its going to need to be replaced.

I'm not planning on an original restoration, just trying to make it into a decent tow vehicle for our race trailer. So......

After removing the plywood would it be simpler to just use pine or oak planking when replacing it? I do like the looks of planking and was somewhat disappointed when I found out it was a plywood floor.

If I go with planking does anyone have the dimensions used when planking was used? I'm open to any suggestions here.

Thanks!

Brad

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 327
try Carters they sell it and may Have the dimensions for you.... just a thought... Peter

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 564
I'm planning on hauling my race car with my '62 Suburban. I also use the truck as my daily driver. It's got the rear rubber/linoleum flooring over plywood. Seems to be solid all over (though I noticed it was weeping around the edges when driving in the rain).
What about just keeping it simple and putting in a new plywood floor, and then find an interior shop that can make you a nice carpeted floor cover for the back. It'll keep it quiet, look great, and won't get beat up like a race rig will when you're sliding a tool box and floor jack in it.
That's the schedule for mine. (along with some seam sealer around the edges under neath!)

Brad


SOUTHERN FALL GABfest
October 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia
Details here!


Never Pee on an Electric Fence.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0