| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (3B, Phak1, 1955 1 Series, Gib70, Joe H, KEVINSKI, 1 invisible),
133
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,451 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 26 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 26 | My 53 1-ton panel has the plywood floor. The rear area by the door is dry rotted so its going to need to be replaced.
I'm not planning on an original restoration, just trying to make it into a decent tow vehicle for our race trailer. So......
After removing the plywood would it be simpler to just use pine or oak planking when replacing it? I do like the looks of planking and was somewhat disappointed when I found out it was a plywood floor.
If I go with planking does anyone have the dimensions used when planking was used? I'm open to any suggestions here.
Thanks!
Brad | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 327 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 327 | try Carters they sell it and may Have the dimensions for you.... just a thought... Peter | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | I'm planning on hauling my race car with my '62 Suburban. I also use the truck as my daily driver. It's got the rear rubber/linoleum flooring over plywood. Seems to be solid all over (though I noticed it was weeping around the edges when driving in the rain). What about just keeping it simple and putting in a new plywood floor, and then find an interior shop that can make you a nice carpeted floor cover for the back. It'll keep it quiet, look great, and won't get beat up like a race rig will when you're sliding a tool box and floor jack in it. That's the schedule for mine. (along with some seam sealer around the edges under neath!)
Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | |
| |
| |