The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Shaffer's1950, Bill Hanlon, Jon G), 125 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,454
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#24536 04/19/2003 9:37 PM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 18
E
Member
Member
E Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 18
I want to put a 350 v8 in my chevy 53 3100. I see a real problem with the steering gearbox in the way of the engine. What have others done to make room for the engine. I may make major changes in the future with the suspension and steering and brakes, but I want to get it on the road and see how it handles, stops and turns and go from there. I did pu three extra steering boxes and columns and one did have a 2x6 in square tubing bolted to it looking as if they had offset the steering box, that seem like it would look and feel wrong at the steering wheel. Open for suggestion. Was impressed though with the late chevy power steering upgrade but that would have to be in the future and dependant on any suspension upgrades.


1963 econoline, 50 f1 pu, maybe 53 chevy pu, 50 f3 pu, 70 chevy shortbed c10,
#24537 04/19/2003 10:05 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 316
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 316
I found this here on TSBP: 350 in a 54 Chev. 1/2 ton


*** GMC ***

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0