The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (KEVINSKI, Dennys28), 96 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 168
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 168
Hey all,

I'm sending pics to Peg for inclusion in the gallery, but here is one shot of the latest addition to my collection. 1956 GMC Carryall Suburban, Deluxe Cab. It has the clam-shell back.
I flew up to Medford, OR and drove it home 800 miles south the same day. The GMC 270 ran like a champ! Has deluxe two tone green interior, all the seats are there and the rear two are in great shape. The fronts have good material still, but the stitching is pulling loose. Going to the upholstery shop tomorrow to see about having them sewn back together. Accessories include the optional Dana 3.08 rear end, (cruised between 65 and 75 the whole way home) radio, airflow heater, 4000 RPM tachometer, factory radio (radio is gone, but antenna and speaker remain...The PO cut it for a modern stereo :mad:
but that is fixable), matching seatbelts, directional signals, sway bar (that might have been standard on a burb) cigar lighter, windshield washers, and I think that's it. The pic I'm linking to shows it with plexiglass in the sides. The frames and windows were loaded in the back when I bought it. They were extremely rusty. Since I've gotten it home, I've had them repaired. Took two sets of frames to get one good one out of. Now I'm waiting for new felt and rubber to show up and I'll have new glass cut as well. Should be installed before too much longer.

Keep a lookout for it in the gallery.
my suburban


1956 GMC 100 NAPCO Deluxe
1955.1 Chevy 3600 NAPCO
1954 Chevy 3600 NAPCO
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
I Love those GMC "bulldog face" Burbs.
Very nice.

cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 364
Nice truck..best of luck.


Steve G.
--------------
1942 Chevrolet 1/2-Ton Pickup Truck

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
55,
that is a pretty nice burb. The straight sheet metal is very impressive. It is not very often someone can drive a purchase like that, the 800 miles home. Congratulations.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 267
diggy it, sweet burb .GMC's have a face you either love or hate . i love'm


I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
55NAPCo. Congrats on bringing another one home. If I ever bought one that drove 8 miles home much less 800 miles my wife would probably faint....and then complain that I must have spent too much money...Good luck


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0