| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (2-Ton, Peggy M),
151
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,538 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 267 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 267 | i know this subject has been kicked all around in here but. i've got the plywood floor out and i can see where it was not a 1 piece sheet ,but is several pieces tounge and grooved together. iwas thinking of putting it back in a similer fashion. any body got any fresh experince with this or gone the way of others in past post? tom
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 | What year? I think some of the earlier panels had the multi-piece floors. Both of my 1-ton GMCs ('52 and '54), built on the Chebby line at St. Louis, have the solid floors. I'm looking for a solid junkyard cargo van to convert to a metal floor. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 267 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 267 | GMC panel -it's a 53 chevy i have in progress. i'm useing a 49 to part on it has the the multi-piece floors i looked real hard at that but the wood is only 3/4" at best.I don't think that with todays quality of board, it would be stong . my plan is to go close to orginal with this one.i jump over and ask the mar-k guy in the bed section
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2002 Posts: 1,571 | Check with your local lumberyards - 3/4" marine plywood is available in larger sizes than the standard 4'x8' size. It's expensive, though... | | | | | Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 4 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Oct 2000 Posts: 4 | TPYLE, I'm kind of new to the forum but I have a couple of Burbs and a panel. I think in (late?)1952 GM stopped using solid yellow pine planks and began using marine plywood. Yellow pine is a hard durable wood. If you want to keep it original get the ply. Also they shortened the metal strips a couple inches. Measure your 49s and compare to the 53s. Mar-k probably can tell you more.
It's time for a road trip!!!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 267 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 267 | six drive , i'm gonna stick with the plywood ,I'm gonna cut up some 4x8 into two or three pieces made from templates(the orginal piece)that i had to cut out.I'll be fishin for new ideas till it's time.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!
| | |
| |
| |