| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,357 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 23 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 23 | At the suggestion of a fellow Stovebolt member, I was thinking of looking for a panel (like 60-66, I guess) in addition to an older van for a possible work vehicle (I do int./ext. painting and ceramic tile installs). I was wondering what the measurements of a typical panel back opening was. Does a 4' X 8' sheet of anything fit in there? How about 3' X 5'? Anyone use one for work in the trades? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | I used a 57 panel for various business stuff, including carrying lumber and misc const materials, and also bins of apples [42"x48" and as much as 1000#] - the ply will fit thru the door at a slight angle, and lay flat between the wheel wells - clear floor to the back of the seat on most year panels is 8'2 or 3", and w/ the 'buckets' that were stock in the 57 I could put a 10 orchard ladder in and close the doors
do it - be the best advertising you could ever have!
Bill | | | | | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | hey BC,i have a 1ton '54 panel and i make a few supply runs to ft. worth in it to pickup sign board 4x8. the the 4x8 fits tight between the fender wells and length is ok. now when hauling grandkids that's another matter. i try to put one grandchild to a corner and their mother sits back there with them to keep peace, still not enough room . tony'n weatherford ps got almost 15 mpg a couple of weeks ago in the ol' girl. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 23 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 23 | Thanks for the replies! I agree that using an old truck for work is a great way to catch people's eye, not to mention a good time. I'm glad to hear a panel has a decent capacity. I'll keep my eye out for one. I wrecked my work van back in March and have been using my '61 C-10 since then. It's been great to drive it so much. I use about $10 in gas every day, but that's all right. I park the truck in the winters, so I'm looking to make the transition to another vehicle sometime before then. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | a local old truck pal of mine has a '68 panel... long wheelbase - but I think these are kinda rare. it has lotsa room back in there, looks good - he still uses it as a panel 'truck'... not sure how much room, but I think it is cool... he still has the I6 in it also. -W | | |
| |
| |