| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (2-Ton),
133
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,287 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 244 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 244 | I'm making progress reassembling my Burb and will soon re-install the side glass. I'm undecided as to re-installing the original sliding glass or replacing it with tinted one piece glass. I'd like to hear from anyone who's replaced theirs with either sliding or one piece...pro or con remarks? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 121 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 121 | Seon I had a 55 first burb back in the 70s and had all the seats, I took kids from my former high school on field trips to eastern Wash in summer months. keep the sliders Also BURB ARE VERY TOP HEAVY  | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Sean,
Just in case you did not check old postings, here is some discussion on this topic.
http://www.stovebolt.com/bboard/cgi-bin//ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=000011
If you decide to go with one-piece glass, you should have no problem selling the original window parts in the swap meet (however, you might want to keep the parts in case you later change your mind - these parts are hard to find).
Tim | | | | | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 221 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 221 | I'm glad I rebuilt my sliders. It was hard but with the help of a local glass guy I figured it out. And you have all our experience to help. I will help any way I can. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 244 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 244 | Thanks for the replies. I have all the original slider parts but I like the one piece TINTED side window look, however am concern for passengers, if it gets too hot in the rear and would need to "crack" the slider for ventilation :confused: . Hey T-Ruck, I still have the three rows of seat for the Burb, but will use '00 Ranger buckets for the recline feature for the wife's bad back  . BTW Fonzi, my parts chaser is this '60 Burb with side sliders but I haven't carried any passengers to complain if the rear is too hot or not? Do I like Burbs or what [img] http://pic10.picturetrail.com/VOL326/687113/4733778/67609031.jpg[/img] | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | Seon, you seem like a resourceful guy. What about going for a power window unit at that location? You have plenty of room in the body spaces and these rod companies make all kinds of power window kits. Best of both worlds. Tie them all together at the driver console like a new vehicle-6 switches with rear lockouts. R&B's automotive is chopping thier showcase burb. Call them and see if they're going to do power side windows. Check that.... they used a panel and cut out the panel. Oh well, you can still be an innnovator http://www.rbsobsolete.com/ | | |
| |
| |