The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, UtahYork, Gdads51, Lostbuthaulinass, amtrakjoe), 63 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,303
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
Well I hope I am doing this right. I am going to try and post the pics of my 57 burb that I will be starting to restore hopefully before the end of the year. It all depends when I finish restoring my 1920's home. That has to be done first. I have also posted pics of another car she had on the property. Anyone have a guess as to what that is? I know the answer but I thought I would throw a little trivia in here.

Ok so here is the only way I can figure out how to do it. I hope this works.

[img]http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=f9dc&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/my_photos[/img]

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/album?.dir=f9dc&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/[email protected]/my_photos

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Mike-

I'm not able to use the link you set up, as it doesn't look like you have allowed public access. Check the link.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
sorry about that. I think the problem is taken care of now. The pictures are from where the vehicle sat for many years. Now it is stored away in my garage waiting to be torn apart and made young again.

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 221
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 221
Wow! You have your work cut out for you.
Look on the bright side. The horn is still there.
Are you doing a frame off?


1959 Chevy Apache-Suburban
5.3, 4L60e, Camaro Subframe, enjoy doing the work ourselves!

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More on Hotrodders

Driving the past into the future.
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
I am hoping to do a frame up restoration on it. I have found that I can easily get new parts from the back of the front doors forward, and can find some of the parts from there back but those are harder. I will probably go with chrome on the bumpers and grills instead of the painted though.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 244
Hey Mikey, looks like you've got a keeper cool . The Task Force are also getting harder and harder to find.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 438
Mikey the car looks to be a hearse or funeral car but can't tell the make. It would make a neat rod or custom. Is it for sale?


Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle."-Abraham Lincoln

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Mikey,
it looks to me like you goy yourself a nice project there. Those panels are really neat. It is a lot of fun pulling them apart in the garage. When I don't have time to work on mine, I just go to the garage for visits!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
The hearse is a Packard.

Good luck on your Suburban.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
what Cletis said - a 48 I'd say, but missing the cool hood ornament - the rat rod folks would like that one! you sure do have yer work cut out on the burb - every bit of the 'rot in the usual places" - take yer time and save yer beer money for some new repro fenders [they're very good quality] grin

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 11
Wow you guy are really good. That is a 48 Packard hearse. It was for sale but someone bought it around the time I picked up the suburban. The straight 8 engine in the hearse even managed to turn over. I could not believe that and you probably won't believe that she sold it for 1,300 bucks. I can't wait to post more pictures for you guys but as it stands right now I have to put the staircase back in my house so I can actually use the second floor. I hope you guys are as good at helping amatures in restoring a car as you are at guessing correctly at the hearse..

Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 221
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 221
I just traveled the road you are turning onto. You will have the hardest time with the rust along the bottom of the rear fenders. Nobody makes a replacement yet. Hope you find a good body guy to help. You can see what I did here.
http://hesproductions.com/59sub
It has been fun. I'm working on drivetrain and interior now. I did not do a frame off as I needed the truck to drive asap. Mine didn't have quite as much rust as yours.
Take lots of pictures and post your questions here. These guys are great and as you can see are hard to stump.


1959 Chevy Apache-Suburban
5.3, 4L60e, Camaro Subframe, enjoy doing the work ourselves!

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More on Hotrodders

Driving the past into the future.

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0