| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
162
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,139 Members48,435 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 375 | I lowered my 57 3100 with single leaf reverse eye springs. That dropped the truck about 2.5". My stock shocks bang when I hit a minor bump. Basically, they're compressed almost all the way just sitting there. How do I determine what shocks to put on it at this stance? Thanks in advance for your help.
Jerry | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | You'll need 3 measurements, overall length full extension (full droop of suspension), full compression (suspension fully bottomed out), and nomunal ride hight length (length mount ot mount at normal ride hight). Then those will have to be cross referenced to get the closest match. I'd add about an inch or 2 to the full extension and full compression to give a little margin, better to have more shock stroke than you need that bottom out. Who did you get the springs from? I wouldn't be surprized if the don't have shocks just for this application and those springs.
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |