The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 85 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,291
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Hello Everyone! smile

I just joined up here and thought I'd introduce myself. I live with my wife and four sons here in Oakdale, California (although I'm originally from the east Bay Area). I've been into old cars and hot rods as long as I can remember, and I've wrenched on everything from old VW's to musclecars, but up until a few years ago I had never owned a classic truck.

I have a '66 C10 short fleetside, and it needs some TLC. The body is pretty straight, with a little rust in the usual places. It has a 250 six and a 3-on-the-tree right now, but I had to park it a few months ago when the input shaft bearing in the trans went south. frown

I'm planning on keeping the body stock (I love the classic look) but I'm going to update the drive train (350 V8 and 700R4 trans), brakes, suspension, and steering (PS & PDB).

I'm using factory parts where possible for reliability and to keep costs down, so this won't be some "over the top" show queen. I already have about 90% of the parts I need as I've been collecting them since I bought the truck, so now I've just gotta get motivated! A buddy's coming over this weekend to help me pull the old drive train, so wish me luck!

If any of you guys have some pointers on the work I'm undertaking, by all means reply to this post with your advice.

Thanks!

Brad Diemer
Oakdale, CA

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
W
Socket Breaker
Socket Breaker
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,893
Howdy Brad!

Welcome to the 'Bolt.

We of course, want pictures. We love pictures.

grin

-W

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
Hey Brad!!, Small world, I'm in Oakdale! I'll be happy to give you a hand. I have all the tools, like an engine hoist. Send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25
Welcome aboard!

Sounds like a good project. If you can, be sure to take a lot of pictures at each stage of the tear-down. When it comes time to rebuild the pics will be "worth a thousand words" and a quick reference as to what goes with what.


"Old trucks are not a matter of life and death, they're more important than that."

1968 Chevy C-20 3/4-Ton Short Bed Dually
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 6
Thanks for the welcome, guys! I'll have to take some more pics so you can see my truck - the ones I already have aren't very good. She's not much to look at just yet, although I have already installed chrome bumpers & a chrome grille. It's kind of a tan color right now, but I've got plans to change that, too. I'm thinking of factory 2-tone combo, but I haven't decided on the exact colors yet.

Larry, I've got tools and a hoist myself, but I just might take you up on your offer to give me a hand. I'll see how this weekend goes & let you know. I live an hour (or more) away from most of my old wrenching buddies, so it's good for me to know someone here in town. Small world indeed!

(BTW, I just tried to change the way my user name displays, so if it doesn't match my first post, don't freak out. It's really me.)

Thanks,
Brad


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0