The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 347 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,180
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#235997 06/19/2007 5:02 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 223
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 223
On the wisker strips for the truck windows (AD truck) I am not looking forward to attempting to line up and set staples like original and I don't want to use little screws with the heads showing. Does anyone have a recommendation for a glue that would hold them? On pros or cons on gluing? Thanks in advance


1950 Chevy 3100
261, 4 speed
Purchased 1977

1964 Pontiac Lemans Convert
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 272
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 272
Hello Nifty 50,
I recently did just that. I glued my new whisker strips on with that thick black weather strip adhesive made by 3M. Pre-fit the pieces to be sure there aren't any gaps then apply adhesive to both window frame and strip along their entire length and let it dry a bit until it is tacky and stick the both pieces together. Put them together carefully just the way you want them because you don't get a second chance once the pieces touch together. That black stuff can get messy so try to put just enough glue on so that it doesn't ooze up and out on the top edge. Doesn't matter if it oozes on the bottom edge because you'll never see it. The strip needs to be clamped while it is drying (kind of tricky on the contour). I used those tiny Quick-Grip clamps. From what I can tell, those pieces will never come apart on their own. I figure it can't hurt anything in the long run.


1948 AD Pickup

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0