| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#23527 09/23/2003 4:34 AM | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 | Does anyone know a source for the seal that seals the rear of the propeller shaft on a 3/4 ton 4-speed. There's no seal number on the outside and I'm afraid if I pull it out to find a number on the back, I'll be out of luck if I can't find one. I've tried Jim Carter, American Classic Truck, Chevys of the 40s, and Obsolete Chevrolet Parts Co, found all the other parts but not the shaft seal. Thanks,
Harold Wilson 41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
| | |
#23528 09/23/2003 11:11 AM | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 315 | Try Olsons Gaskets, 360-871-1207. I have talked to them about gaskets and seals for my 36 GMC driveline. Told me about 15 to 20 dollars for the kit. | | |
#23530 09/24/2003 5:23 PM | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 | Thanks, Found the part number. This parts manual is much more complete than the copy I have.
Harold Wilson 41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
| | |
#23531 11/04/2003 7:11 PM | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 354 | After failing to find a seal at all the other places, I went to the local Bearings and Drives place and found a Chicago Rawhide seal # 13649 that fits in place of the old leather seal. I just got it istalled last week and so far no leaks on a 30 mile trip Saturday. I know this is an old post but illustrates how I get many interruptions while working on my truck. HLW
Harold Wilson 41 Chevy 3/4 Ton
| | |
| |
| |